"Personal Information" is information about you that is personally identifiable to you, like your name, address, email address or phone number, as well as other non-public information that is associated with the foregoing. "Automatically Gathered Information" is information we collect as you visit our site. See "Automatically Gathered Information" below for more information. "Anonymous Information" means information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information. See "Anonymous Information" below for more information.
A. INFORMATION WE GATHER
1. Registration. If you register with the Site, we collect and store Personal Information that specifically identifies you or the account you set up with SourcingExchange (your "Account"). At this time, the most information you would be required to submit is your first name, last name, password, street address, city, state, zip/postal code, country, phone number, email address and valid financial account (i.e. credit card) information. Other information requested on our Registration page is optional. We may, in the future, include other optional requests for information from you to help us tailor the Site for you and deliver personalized information to you. We may supplement Personal Information you provide us with additional information purchased from third parties for marketing purposes.
2. Password. Use of portions of the Site requires you to establish a user name and password. You agree that you will be responsible for maintaining your password as confidential and for any activity that occurs on your Account as a result of you sharing your password with another or failing to protect it. SourcingExchange is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your password.
3. Online Surveys and Contests. Occasionally, SourcingExchange may conduct User surveys to collect information about our Users' preferences. These surveys are optional, and if you choose to respond, your responses will be kept anonymous. These surveys may be conducted by and processed through third parties. Similarly, we may offer contests to qualifying Users in which we ask for contact and demographic information such as name, email address and mailing address. Except with respect to any survey partners, none of the survey results are shared with third parties in a personally identifiable form. The demographic information thon SourcingExchange collects in the registration process and through surveys may be used to help us improve our Site and services to meet the needs and preferences of our Users. This may include targeting advertising to you about our Site and services. Information we gather through a contest may also be disclosed to third parties as necessary for prize fulfillment and other aspects of any contest or similar offering.
5. Email Feature and Referral Program. SourcingExchange lets you easily connect your Profile to colleagues/friends/affiliates via email. SourcingExchange also offers the ability to send colleagues/friends/affiliates emails to SourcingExchange. If you choose to use either feature, we will use your email address to copy you on the message or to send on the email your behalf, and you hereby grant permission for such use.
B. HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION
1. Registration Information. We use Personal Information for our own internal purposes, including contacting you via email to inform you about updates to our services and providing you with information relating to e-commerce transactions that you conduct on the Site. We reserve the right to disclose your information as required by law. We do not rent or sell our individual Users' Personal Information to third parties. We do, however, provide you with the opportunity to receive newsletters via email. If you decide to opt in to receive newsletters, you may opt out of receiving these newsletters at any time. We also reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information as part of a transfer of all or part of SourcingExchange's assets to a buyer, as described in "Acquisition," below.
3. The Rating and Review System. The Partner and Sourcing Expert Rating and Review system represents a central repository for ratings and reviews of Partners by their customers. When you submit a review or a counter-review on the Site, your SourcingExchange Profile information will be made available as part of the review posting. Your Personal Information will NOT be made available or public as part of the Partner or Sourcing Expert Review Program, as you have the option to hide your profile under a unique SourcingExchange user name.
4. The Partner Database. The Partner Database provides a listing by sortable category/fields of participating Partners. The Partner’s Profile Page will be made available in the Database, unless the Partner chooses to unregister from the Site.
5. The Sourcing Expert Database. The Sourcing Expert Database provides a listing by sortable category/fields of participating Sourcing Experts. The Sourcing Expert’s Profile Page will be made available in the Database, unless the Sourcing Expert chooses to unregister from the Site.
7. Contractors. To the extent necessary to provide you with the services on the Site, we may provide your Personal Information to third party contractors who work on behalf of or with SourcingExchange, including third-party bill service providers, to provide you with such services, to help us communicate with you or to maintain the Site. However, these contractors do not have any independent right to share your Personal Information.
8. Legal Requests. SourcingExchange cooperates with all law enforcement and regulatory body inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws and regulations, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud, theft, harassment and other rights. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws, regulations or to respond to subpoenas, warrants served on us or legal or regulatory proceedings; (b) protect or defend the rights or property of SourcingExchange or third parties; or (c) assist in any investigation.
11. Anonymous Information. We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as names) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this Anonymous Information to analyze inquiry, request and usage patterns so that we may enhance services and the Site. We reserve the right to use and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties in our discretion. "Anonymous Information" means information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Information does not permit the identification of individual persons.
12. Comments Submitted by Users. SourcingExchange constantly seeks to improve the quality of the services we provide and the User experience on the Site. We value your input and encourage you to help us expand and make improvements to the Site by providing us with any thoughts or comments you might have regarding our services or the operation of the Site. You can submit any comments you have to us by emailing Customer Service at support@SourcingExchange.eu. All ideas, suggestions comments and proposals you send to SourcingExchange (collectively, "Submissions") are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of SourcingExchange. SourcingExchange shall own all rights therein, including all intellectual property rights. SourcingExchange shall be entitled to use and/or disseminate the Submissions in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation or credit to you. We will not identify you as the source of a suggestion or comment without your consent.
13. Security. SourcingExchange is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure and as a result we cannot ensure the security of information you transmit to us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data transmission, we make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems. If SourcingExchange learns of a security system breach we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you supplied during registration or posting a notice on our website. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing. To request written notice of any security breach in writing, please send an email with your request and mailing address to SourcingExchange or via postal mail to the address in the Contact Us section of this Site.
14. This Site Contains Links to Other Websites. SourcingExchange is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any other Websites to which the Site links or which link to the Site. When you click on a link you may be taken to a location on the Internet that is not part of the SourcingExchange Site. To check what Internet location you are on, note the URL at the top and/or bottom of your browser. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement of that website whenever interacting with any website.
15. Regarding Children. The SourcingExchange Site is designed and intended for use by adults. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about Users who are under the age of 18.
16. Terminating your Membership/Account. We save your Personal Information until your membership with us is terminated and you unsubscribe to email notifications. To terminate your membership, contact Customer Service at support@SourcingExchange.eu. If you terminate your membership, your Personal/Profile Information cannot be recovered. You may continue to receive email communications for a short period of time until we have updated all of our databases. After termination of your membership, your Personal Information may remain on our archived database and records. Notwithstanding the above, we will maintain information on Users who have been removed for violating our Membership Agreement, and we will maintain email addresses in our unsubscribe lists.
17. Correcting/Updating your Information and Opting Out. This Site gives you options for changing and modifying information previously provided through the My Account section. This Site provides Users the opportunity to opt out of receiving promotional email communications from SourcingExchange through the My Account section. However, you may not opt out of receiving administrative communications from SourcingExchange regarding the services or the Site, except by terminating your membership. In addition, you may not opt out of SourcingExchange sending you legal notices related to the services or the Site.